No matter the weather, hot or cold, rain or shine, there is no other feeling quite like wrapping your hands around a hot coffee cup or a hot container of soup. That emanating warmth is one that manages to radiate from your skin all the way to your soul. Whether you’re rushing to work in morning traffic, sitting down for a quick work break, or settling in for a tasty meal, that feeling is one that lasts with you for the rest of the day.
For those of you on a tight schedule, you know the endless benefits of wrapping your hands around the breadth of a hot paper cup, no matter if it’s a coffee cup or a soup container. One of the best parts of the experience, other that hot, homestyle love that you physically feel, is that these paper cups allow you to transport these liquids to-and-fro with ease. A hot soup container makes for an easy way to store a lunch for yourself, with the ability to carry it around in the palm of your hand. Similarly, that hot, paper coffee cup fits right inside of the palm of your hand, wrapped between your fingers. And if you’re driving from home to work, or from the office to lunch and back, it’s a great means of transport for some simply comfort.
The benefits are endless; these cups with lids make life a lot easier. You might not even realize just how often you interact with these plain white paper cups either. Here are some fun facts to see just how often these paper cups are a part of your life:
Facts About Your Coffee Cup
- The average American drinks almost two cups (16 ounces) of coffee a day
- 35% of people like to drink their coffee black (without cream, milk, or sugar)
- While there are two type of coffee beans, Arabica and Robusta, the majority of consumed coffee comes from the Arabica plant
- 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day can help reduce the onset of Alzheimer’s disease by 65%
Facts About Your Hot Soup Container
- Americans consume more than 10 billion cups of soup per year
- Women order soup two times more often than men
- In 2016, deli businesses utilized 32.1% of their operation efforts on making their soup stations better for customer use
That little, hot cup of coffee or soup might not seem like much, but there is a lot of work that goes into every single one of them. The next time you grab one of those disposable cups to go, remember just how much preparation went into that hot cup o’ joe or that soothing, cream cup of hot soup.