The food packaging equipment was a great investment. When the church first opened its food pantry it relied on single family donations from the congregational members. As more and more families in need began making use of the food pantry, however, it became important to make sure that you always had the right amount of food available. And while many people are able to donate food, it is encouraging that many of these same people are also willing to make cash donations. With this money, you are now able to purchase to food items in bulk, and the food packaging machines, including the pouch filling machine, allow you to divide those purchases into sizes that will work for individual families.
Pouch Filling Machines Can Help You Prepare Safe and Affordable Amounts of Food
Whether you are working to prepare food for a pantry or you are getting ready to package and market your own product to local restaurants, pouch filling machines and other kinds of food packaging equipment is the perfect solution. Consider some of these facts about the food processing industry and the impact that it has on the safety of consumers and the nation’s economy:
- 52% of people around the world make purchase decisions that are partially influenced by packaging that shows a brand making a positive environmental and social impact.
- 1.7 pounds of food waste can be reduced by a single pounds of plastic packaging, according to packaging experts.
- Nearly 1 out of 6 Americans, or 48 million people, get sick every year from foodborne diseases. In addition, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from these foodborne diseases.
- Vacuum sealers are machines that preserve food three to five times longer than food stored in plastic containers or bags.
- Refrigerators should be set no higher than 40 degrees and freezers set at 0 degrees, because cold temperatures keep harmful bacteria from growing and multiplying.
- Ferrous, non ferrous, and stainless steel are the three main groups of metallic contaminants that a food metal detector can sense.
Do you feel safe about the food that you serve your family and the products that you are preparing to sell? Making sure that you have the right food preparation machines can help you gain confidence and promote safety.