In addition to looking for healthy and affordable meals, an increasing number of families are looking for food sources that fall into the sustainability category. From meat bundles that are purchased online to local butchers, it is important to make sure that you find the resources that you want. Online meat sales from providers who are known for their sustainability can help you make sure that you are giving your family the healthiest and most nutritional foods available.
Whether you are looking to purchase bulk meat online for the first time or you are reconsidering the location where you are placing this order, it is important to make sure that you are finding the most reliable companies to order from. In addition to be able to order from environmentally friendly meat producers, ordering food online is also a way to make sure that you can more easily budget for your meals. Planning to order online can help you budget and pay for the major expenses of your meals on a weekly or monthly basis. With the protein part of your meals ordered and paid for ahead of time, your only other expense can be the more affordable fruits, grains, and vegetables that you need.
Consider these facts and figures about the protein choices that people make for the meals that they prepare for themselves and for their families:
- Containing all eight essential amino acids needed for the growth and maintenance of the human body, animal protein is usually of high quality.
- With an interior temperature between 130 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit, a medium-rare steak will be mostly pink inside with a tiny bit of red in the very center.
- 91% of beef farms and ranches in the U.S. are family-owned.
- Cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep are considered the big four livestock.
- The average American consumed approximately 198 pounds of meat in the year 2014, according to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- 70% of American households will engage in online food shopping within the next 10 years, according to Nielsen’s The Digitally Engaged Food Shopper report.
If you are a family that spends more time eating out than eating at home, it may be time for you to consider ordering some of your food online so that your meal preparation is more convenient. By making the decision to order bulk meat purchases online, you can provide the major portions of your meal to the items that you want to serve your family. Sustainability is a trend that is growing more and more important to many Americans.